Thursday, September 24, 2009

2nd episode with fu-ck up DELL

2 days in a row now that dell has completely ruined my day. what a fucking useless company, not to mention super irresponsible cooperation.

I have effectively wasted 3hours of my time today, just to be redirected from one person to another, one number to another, because all of them are too incompetent to resolve a simple problem. which is, the office 2007 cd they had sent me is corrupted and cannot be used. ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS RESEND ME A NEW CD.

BUT HELL NOOOOOOO... these fucking bastards decide to make my life hell. Of coz the sales department said its not their issue, and refered me to technical department. Technical department was even more useless, he suggested for me to reformat my whole new PC. I lost my patience after 1.5hrs and finally screamed at him. I know i shouldnt but I really snapped at this whole incredulous situation.

WHAT HAS A CORRUPTED OFFICE CD got to do with reformatting my whole harddisk. I am not IT IGNORANT TO THE DEGREE I CANNOT DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN A FAULTY CD VS A FAULTY HARDDISK.

So the technical guy then said since its the cd, it is out of his scope and bounced me back to the sales. The sales staff couldnt care less and ask me to call the complaint hotline, else to call microsoft since the cd is shipped from them. I told her the cd is NOT from microsoft because it has this lame homesticker and not a proper microsoft cd. I have worked with thousands of microsoft cd and partners in volume licensing, i know how an authentic MS CD SHOULD LOOK LIKE.

Anycase, i called microsoft. finally an efficient company that speaks english too. The girl explained to me that the cd isnt from microsoft which is exactly what I had suspected. What I had is a medialess activation key which is for preinstalled trial office version. I told her I knew as that was what I had been trying to explain to those nincompoops at DELL. They are just too dense to understand me. So the lady told me to download the trial software from microsoft website instead. However, if i want a backup copy i have to pay extra. If not, I have to call back DELL about my fault cd. So back to ground zero to talk to those fucking imbeciles again from DELL.

I called back the sales person in charge of my order and she lamented she cannot do anything. I asked her why is it sooo difficult to just resend me a new cd, she said she is not responsible. So she asked me to call the customer feedback hotline, or so called under the pretext of customer care. CARE my granny's arse. If they care, I wont be in this huge bubbling state of anger and grief.

I called the customer hotline again, by now, 3 hours have passed.
I was told to wait. The line was busy. To wait again.
Then a girl called and said she will logged my case but because it is NEAR KNOCKING OFF TIME, she asked me to call back tomorrow instead to discuss the case.

Is this really customer care?
Is this really DELL's way of treating their customer.
Is this really the way to do business?

I am so fedup that I can really murder someone.
I have never been so angry for continuously few hours in a stretch before in my life. Not even when I was working and dealing with lesser intellect people.

Dell way of handling their customer is shamelessly money driven.
If I can get hold of Micheal Dell, I would give him a good piece of my mind.

No comments: