Sunday, June 26, 2005

Cheating Bus, Tankers and 100m Dash

Had Jas stayed over for the weekend. Had been so bz to catch up with anyone that i thot i deserve a relaxing weekend for a change.

Unfortunatelt, was a traumatic experience of trying to get to GV marina due to the road closure for NDP rehearsal. First there was the jam, a horrid stagnant jam while in the bus. Secondly, the SBS bus as USUAL overcharge my fare coz the bus driver didnt change the card reader to exit, and book me for second entry! I told the bus driver and he gave me that "Why you so troublesome look" and it pisses me off like hell. Yeah its 60cents extra, but its MY 60Cents to decide whom i wanna share with and SBS is def not a company i wanna indulge in such malpractice!!!

Considering i was the THIRD passenger to alight at the front door, MR Bus TRANSIST must have reaped aplenty from unaware customers!!! (and which fking asshole says there dun have enuff $$ and need a fare hike?!!!)
After alighting, we crossed the road only to be told by the army guy that we had to route behind the safra building. I was peeved. Couldnt they have stationed someone BEFORE the station or put a sign to advise people to walk the city link underpass?? So me and jasmine had to back track and all the cars refuse to let us walk even though it was GREEN MAN walking. They were just turning all the way coz the traffic polic didnt have much sense to stop them.

So being me as usual, i stepped out on the road and forced the car to stop. I have 10mins to get to Marina GV and i was running short on patience. The Causaian woman glared at me and i glared straight back at her. Its Green man walking you blind bitch. Just as i was about to reach the end, i was halted in the middle of the road and the tankers rolled passed me. Arrrgghh unbelievable! I felt like i was caught in some war zone country! I cannot imagine how the kids in Iraq or any war torn city survive with bombings, shooting and tankers all over them 24 x7hrs…

Anycase, while we hit the citylink, we were like bunnies let loose and we run for our dear lives. It felt like we would never reach marina gv coz it was like stretches and stretches of long walk and human traffic. But in the end, we made it just in time. PHEW! This has gotto be the most exhausting day in my life!

No comments: