Sunday, October 30, 2005

HK cable TV

what i must rem is that service industry in Hk isnt all that fantastic either. Instead of 9-11am, the cable people didnt arrive till 12.10pm. I had to ask my security guardfs if he could help make a local call to PCCW for me.

When the technician arrived, Initially the guy was sulky and apparently hot and flustered. Though i wasnt too happy to be stuck at home waiting for someone without any breakfast, my manners obliged me to offer him a can of coke dutifully.

What a surprise that made!

When he turned around grudingly when i called him, his look of surprised and elation took over when i asked if coke was alrite by him. He smiled and took the can and said thanks. For the rest of the day, it was utter bliss leaving him to set up the cable, internet and phone line. Even though i didnt know what HK pin number was since i was only home sitting, he offered to call the hotline and settled it for me.

I guess while i was hungry and irritated for having to wait 3 hours, i suppose he must have a hard day that day and perhaps, i was the only one to have offer him a drink that day seeing how hot and sweaty he was. And that may have made his day a little better. I guess one good turn does deserves another. And i certainly felt good the rest of the day too.

As i was idling and flipping thru the channels, i realise how amzing it was. No more telescope, the menu was digitally aavailable online, but the best of all, i could even book a cinema tix using my broadband tv and choosing the desired time, cinema and seats! talk abt ultra cool! No more waiting for the internet line!

I think HK is just pure cool!

No comments: