Saturday, April 8, 2006

Dinner at Petrus (London)

feeling bored and didnt see any exhibit i like. So walked down the area and walked into Benugo Cafe. Its a neat place for sandwiches and warm soup and of coz tea and juices. believe it or not. I actually enjoyed siiting there for 4 hours reading papers, my book and sipping my hot tea and munching on fruits on and off till the cashier jokingly said, still Hungry???! I grinned back in return.

Nothing much exciting happen really. I didnt realise i could read and reread the papers in 2 hours, and still have untouched articles. Amazing isnt it? I felt like a permanent fixture in the cafe, backfacing the gentle sun coming thru the big glass panel and somewhat paying little attention to the flow of people walking in and out on a busy Tuesday morning.

Did I happen to mention hyde park? sat there and enjoy the quiet solitude and peace and needless to say, chilly london wind on my face. Its moments like this that i really like myself, no pressure, no expectations, no thinkings of what i am gonna do for the rest of my life and if i am gonna make enuff money to support myself and my folks or if i shld get knocked down if i have enuff medical expenses covered. Okie, i;m exaggerating a little, but u know what i mean. In the quiet corner of green park, u forget worries and things that seem so big and impt to u in waking moments.

Deciding the park isnt an ideal place to spend the rest of the day without food, i went away.

Dinner at Petrus was fabulous. Its a 1 michelin star restaurant and the service was immaculate. Service was attentive, everyone had a role to play, the french guy explaining the course to me was animated and funy, and even the waiter who holds the tray while his peer lay the plates had a significant position to take. Its really a place for luxurious dining with nothing to fault.

The 7 course dinner was obviously a delight though the lamb was a tate disappointing for a main. Maybe I am just use to red wine jus and mint with lamb, so the cumin ginger sauce just didnt cut it for me. Still, everything else was fabulous to the core, a place worth recommedning, though u have to shell out 80Pound per head for it, excluding tips and all (service charge is 12.5% here.). So it isnt a meal u just walk in without mentally b prepared to burn a hole. Still the seafood was gorgeous and i love the dessert. I even got to walk to the kitchen and meet the staff and Mark the chef who is the prodigy of Gordon Ramsay. Everyone was just lovely and kuodus to them!

Eve ended with me fighting against the cold wind of london as i walk back to the hotel. Luckily for undergrd walks for some stretch to shield me from the ghastly cold. Its not funny walking in boots, skirt and an overcoat. Have u ever felt chilly knees and numb fingers? but strangely, i like the feeling of my velvety skirt sweeping across my legs as the wind gushes pass me, threatening to push me to the sides. I canx explain it. it feels like someone waving a soft flag in ur face. As i thought abt it, i felt queer. ha ha

I had a box of bons bons to accompany me back. mostly i didnt eat them for i was too full. Plus i was tired, packing and heading to Edinburgh (pronouced as "Um-bra-ah", and not "Air-din-burh" as i use to know it as).

Good nite London!

No comments: