Sunday, April 2, 2006

A stroll in London

woke up really early today at abt 7.30am. That's a surprise really considering its wasnt even bright yet!

Anycase, walked to South Audley and had morning tea at this lovely place called Richoux. They had the most divine pastries and choc and cakes and it was all so old english. They had the old wooden interior and dark green sitting couch, playing so english music. The weather was perfect for walk today and i so i lost no time in heading up to North Audley and towards Oxford street.
I honestly cannot rem anything abt Oxford street despite having walked there so thoroughly when i was there like a decade ago. Though Strangely i could rem where all the parks like St james parks, the serpertine river, etc are. Anycase, went thru selfidge and i didnt fancy a thing. Did i mention the showcase display was ghastly? The neon figurines and the black display mounts looks so trashy. Yucks. It's such so @artistically@ ugly if i may say so. A pity i didnt have my camera to show what i mean by ugly.


had bites at this suze place and i had this strange crab cheescake and mango. Its not bad, just kinda too fusion for me. I headed off for a long walk to covent garden since there wasnt anything else to do. So i walked from bond street station along chagrin street, past oxford circus, tottenham station, and to leicestor station. Found myself walking in covent garden under 30mins. Not bad. That's a good work out.


As usual, there were public performances at covent but i didnt stick ard to see much. I saw this really cute store selling slogan shirts that had little girl and boy's theme for adults. U fnd shirts that said "I understand, I just dun care", "Am a tough cookie" with pix of a cookie, "wassap B" with a picture of two food talking, "One night stand" with a pix of a night stand and "Golddiggers are just like hookers, only smarter" with a pix of a cartoon gal with a big fat diamond on her finger. Many more and i thot there were all hilariously funny! However to pay for a T for 25pounds is really a stretch on how much i love it. So i left and head off to roam more of the streets.

Didnt see any stores i like. I dun think i like london fashion very much but i sure love their music. Was in HMV and saw a few new releases like mass attack and sample some music. Love it love it love it. Damn, too old to visit the slinky pubs! What am i talking. Canx believe i just call myself old! I 'm sleeptalking.

Anycase, i got kinda peckish and i happened to walk past this cornish award winning puff shop. They looked lovely and smelled alluring. So i bought myself a chicken and mushroom slice(1.20pound) and it was heavenly!!!!! i just sat down by the curb along the street (which alot of people did) and enjoyed the hot bite. It was glorious! Yummy!! Made me think abt getting for my second on medium steak puff but decided againist it when i saw the dark clouds. So i took my coke (cost me bloody 1.80 pound = sg$6) and took the tube back to the hotel.
Somehow the weather was pretty good ard where i was along park lane. So i took my book and went to the park and have a read again! Seems like everytime i am in london, i just have to chill out at the park for some peace and quiet. I think its called a "tradition". ha!
This time i brought my camera and i saw a squirrel. Just as i knelt down to try to get a more level shot, the little bugger came rite up to me checking out if i had food to spare! oh that cheeky little thing! Once it realised i had no food, it just scurry off, not before me having a close up shot of it!


Sat there for abt an hour and blood chill was too much for me despite 4 layers, incudling my overcoat. My hands were freezing holding the book and my jean couldnt really maintain my heat. So i gave up and walk back, getting ready for my snooze before dinner. one more day and its time for scotland! yeah!

No comments: