Saturday, September 23, 2006

Clinic?!?

What happens when you are sick and in a "foreign" land not of your native tongue (Mandarin + English)? Jokes happen!!

The other day in office when i got really sick, I called Emily. I wanted to find out if there were any clinics around the office in Times Square so that I didnt have to travel like a million miles to Central whom I usually get medical consultation. I felt so dead i didnt wanna walk n the blazing summer heat.

I called her extension @11am. I was too sick and naturally i swop back to English that requires least brain energy...

Me: "Emily, do you know if there are any clinics nearby or in Times Square?"

Emily: "Yes! Yes! There are a few around and even one in Times Square!!"

Me:" Realllly???? I didnt know. Where?" (Confused and unconvinced not recalling one)

Emily: "You wanna go now?" (Sounding concern)

Me: "Yes" (Feeling weak and tired and not willing to say more than necessary)

Emily:" Downstairs theree's one"

Me:"U sure? Where?"

Emily:"Inside Land crawford" (Prob why I am a real idiot asking stupid question)

Me:" Where? Never seen one" (Genuinely surprised there is one)

Emily:" In Level one, next to Estee Lauder"

It was at that precise moment, my brain stopped functioning for a split sec and I burst out laughing.

Me:" Emily, I want to go to a CLINIC, NOT CLINQUE!!!!!"

And we both laughed our heads off! The next time, I will say "DOCTOR. I wanna see a DOC!!!"

No comments: