Friday, February 24, 2006

Last week, saying Goodbye to Work

After many months, i have finally arrived at the final week at work.

This week has been a mad week of handing over, launching of my last project and mainly packing of my cubi and of coz farewell lunches:)

I thot I would feel sad. Surprisingly, all i felt was relief and happiness.
Initially it was a struggle. I had great bosses for me to "boss" ard. ha.
But once the decision to resign was made, it was no regrets.

I never thot i would be this happy to leave my job but I actually am looking forward to the days of idling at home, doing nothing and not having to entertain "not so brillant yet stubborn" people.

After 7 years, its inevitable that junk accumulate...
So i have been shredding and giving away stuff. I dun even know how soft toys have grown to a large collection from people leaving and xmas and bdays... I dun know what to do with them so i brought them home. My mum asked me where did the box of them appear from. Oh, my mum didnt know i call it quits at work. haa haaa. In fact apart from my team, no one else even in the dept know i'm leaving. Coz i like it that way.

I hate all the fuss.
I hate answering questions.
I hate people starting to tell everyone what I'm up to.

Really, to me, It's my life. Of coz I have frens coming up to me and ask me to "tell this and that" as they may get upset for not knowing in advance. I just let it slide. I mean, what purpose does it serve whether i tell them the last day or one month ahead? Its just gossip material really. It doesnt change the fact i am going no matter whom i tell. Its just to satisfy someone's curiosity and I dun intend to account to anyone so that it can be someone else's "topic of the day".

Now my cubi has never been more empty. Such satisfaction.

At the end of the day, this is what i feel.
No matter how impt one may think you are in office, honestly, its all an illusion. The company still runs, and people will forget you in a couple of weeks once the glitches are over.

Anycase, to those within the circle, thank you for your wonderful farewell lunch, presents and kind words. Its hard leaving people behind (but definitely not the work) but the show must go on and life moves on.

I'm sure life can only get better.

No comments: