Thursday, March 30, 2006

little drive for dinner ingredients

decided to cook my own dinner today. sick of all the chinese restaurants and prices i have to pay for average food.

So i drove out to the supermarket. First of all, i have only a vague idea of where the place is, and secondly, I havent driven proper on my own for 3 years i think. So i was well kinda u know, NERVOUS. Plus i dun really know the road but what the heck, what could possibly happen apart from wreaking the car and not get my dinner? heh.

Driving was alrite since it was non peak and not much cars on the lane. There are so much curves on the road that it was kinda like roller coaster on the flat ground. Still, my good little car got me to my destination. My greatest challenge. I forgot howto reverse park. That is i forgot how to judge the distance. Oh fuck.

Luckily for me, the lots are huge and there were quite a few empty ones. I pick one only to realise i was too near the car parked infront. I Forgot the divider in between is not as far as in singapore. damn. So imagine how many times i had to reverse in and out, like 5 times before i finally got it in pefectly. Just when i was feeling somewhat please with my adverture, a car opposite me got out of the lot and drove past me. I was mortified. Oh my god. How embarrassing! He must have seen me trying to get my SMALL car into a HUGE lot. Oh my god oh my god. I must have turned beet root red! Let me assure u that this is definitely NOT my driving skills when i first passed. I use to be able to just reverse park in ONE attempt, granted parallel parking is not my cup of tea.

I feel so defeated for that split second. Only to realise how nice the guy was to wait for me to finish parking without honking me. And he didnt even glare at me or anything as i might expect from a fellow singaporean. Good grief.

The supermarket didnt have what i want. can u believe it? a whole supermarket without
1) local carrorts
2) spinach
3) prawns
4) squid
5) cabbage (except organic)

Oh bloody hell. All the drive for pieces of ribs. damn it. And in the midst of all the flurry abt my first drive, I had to lose my optopus card. Great. So brillant of me. I dunno how i did it or how I could have even possibly done it. I thot i zap the card and threw it back in the car but Nope, it just wasnt there. Ghees. I have to trash the car again later after dinner. I checked with the security guard and no one has reported any card found. oh well. Prob someone picked it and use it. Arrrggghhh!

So now that i have gotten my splendid car adventure out of the way, its time to get back to cooking. I havent got much to work with but what the hell. I'm starving already.

No comments: