Monday, July 24, 2006

"Star Struck" Day

Yesterday is a Star-Struck day. During lunch, i decide to have a light one and head to Marks and Spencer to get some sweets. Linda came along and as we were walking at the top floor, we passed this guy who was pretty tall and i thought he looked familiar. He didnt smile or anything and walked past us very quickly. I asked Linda if that was the male actor in HK always appearing in TV drama serials and she said yes.

Later in the eve after work, I went to Citi-Super to grab some groceries and just as i came up the escalator into Lane Crawford, i saw this lady in white top and jeans walked hurriedly towards me from the main door entrance. I was thinking she couldnt possibly not see me and so i didnt like make way deliberately. Yet, she really bumped into me and my grocery bag. She looked up said sorry in cantonese and walked off quickly into the mall. As i was walking out, i thought she looked familiar...then it hit me who she was. She was GiGi Lai, 黎姿。She's about as tall as me but she is goodness graciously fair bordering on pale.

The thing was she looked so hassled and hurried and unsmiling that one wonders what's weighing her thoughts down. Prob avoiding all the paparazzi. But she IS pretty considering her age, well maintained, but just the same height as me which i had expected her to be taller. As i was thinking if that was really her, the HK couple in front of me was whispering frantically that it was really her. It was funny seeing the gf getting so worked up that she saw an actress.

No comments: