Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dealing with a pr*ck at work

There is nothing more infuriating than working with idiots and arseholes at work.

Today. this god knows where he come from "native" Canadian consultant (who behaves more like a new yorker and behaved NOTHING like any canadian I know) arrived 20mins late for our scheduled meeting and without apologies, started off with a hard ball attitude blasting that everything we have done for the project is all wwrong and crap. He started asking what is the Geometry. Dude, speak local langauge. And he said that's exactly where our problem lies.

Without giving us a chance to say anything, he went on insulting us and our work, and started selling his fucking credentials that he owns 2 website companies and delivered hundreds over website project. I dont have to deal with his condescending attitude or take this shit laying down. Two can play this hardball game.

So it was the clash of the planet. He demanded to know my credentials and outright told him off that I have neither the time to entertain him with my job background since we only allocated 1 hour for the meeting and we have alot of grounds to cover, plus nor is it any of his business since he is not my boss and I am not going for a job interview. Basically he thought I was just some lowly temp staff who doesnt know shit.

As he went on blasting on and on (trying to make it seemed like its my fault and he's some mightly knowledgeable guy), my boss stepped in and clarified that he is happy with my work and that he doesnt see things to be as bad as what the twat had painted.

The story goes that the fking piece of fat arse consultant keep trying to sell himself and drive his point that the design resolution was all wrong and its toooo wide for a 14inch screen size. and insisted on downsizing to fit a 14inch monitor because that is what MOST of what our clients are using.

Dude, I dont think blue chip companies are that cheap to be using 14inch screen for their key players and most of their staff in asia in this modern days. Agreeably some will still be stuck with small screen but that is far and few in Hk, and singapore. Wake up to reality and welcome to 2010 instead of 2001.

Plus he want the phone number BIG and wide on the featured section. I explained that its too hardsell and in asia it works differently from American culture. You dont do that since we are trying to showcase our products first, and plus we are not selling insurance where you try to get everyone to call your agent. The work process is to gather details first from the enquiry form because in HK, people tend to email first rather than call the company. Fucking twat doesnt even know that.

Anycase, obviously I gave him the cold shoulder most of the time. I have no respect for people who do not respect their peers at work. Neither am I oblige to suck up to you just because you think you are some big shot. And even if you are, I dont give 2 shit about it.

Someway through the meeting, I refuse to engage in his argument and told him to drop it as its wasting time and not going anyway, and exposing that he doesnt even understand the internal work process. My boss too agreed so and after realising he has stepped some toes, the twat backed down and tried to soothe the situation, by paying compliments to the website design etc etc.

When he left, the whole office was abuzz. Everyone started to comment on our meeting since it was open office and everyone saw and heard him. My colleague laughed and said he sure picked a wrong target to try to put down to elevate himself. Everyone thinks engaging him he is a giantic mistake and he wont sit well with the rest of the staff with his big fuck attitude. He isnt even official working in office and no one has any respect for him now. People just hates him.

Another female colleague was even sharing that during lunch, the fat twat sitting next to her just suddenly grabbed her hanging nametag which was around her chest area. she was so shocked at him invading her private space near inapproperiate area suddenly when she wasnt even talking to him. Now, he is known as a lecherous twat full of shit.

And he is the Sales and Marketing Director? Haaa haaa Good luck to the business. If I m the client, I will so slam the door in his face

No comments: