Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bye Bye Gourmet...

Was just getting ready to go after paying for my groceries when I was stunned by a poster, annoucing the closure of Gourmet Supermarket at the end of 27th Feb. Located at Lee Gardens for so long, I felt a little loss to see it go since it was a handy spot to pick up my dry provisions being next to my bus stop. Not to mention they are the other supermarket that carries a decently priced Australian Baby pork ribs without burning a hole in my pocket which City Super and 360 tends to inflict on me.

I was really sorry to see them go....:( I asked the fresh meat guy where will they move to and they said he will be dispatched to TASTE located at Hopewell center at Wanchai. What a hassle....unlikely I will go there.

Out of curiousity, I asked someone what was replacing the supermarket. Perhaps another supermarket?

To my horror, I was told that the whole huge basement will be taken over by LV. Yes that French luxury brand that has less-than-exciting designs that has a lot of excited mainlanders and the richie rich going goo goo ga ga just because its a tag, a tag that says "I have more cents-than-sense". (I am not being a sour grape. I can afford LV but just choose NOT to because its ridiculously overpriced for Loud
mediocre designs. )

The reason for my horror is that they already monopolise a large store area on level 1, after recently ousting cova resturant and deli cafe out of the first floor. And now they are invading the basement as well?

I prob could "cope" better if someone tell me the shop space is taken over by Broadway or Fortress..but ANOTHER LV? Why dont LV just do what they can afford to do, buy over or build a completely NEW BUILDING complete with their bags, ready to buy, cafe, shoes etc and leave other hot spots to serve the public better? Afterall, I am pretty sure even if LV flagship store is located in Sha Tin, tons of people will still flock there simply because it is LV and no other reasons required....

First I.T has ousted starbucks and Jade restaurant out of Hysan street and then L.V has ousted supermarket out.... So what, the rest of us dont have to eat and only need to starve but decked in expensive (and sometimes ) ugly clothes/ bags/ shoes....

This only shows that Asia is boomin...really booming.... hope it doesnt get ahead of itself again and crashes and burn...

No comments: