Friday, November 25, 2005

First nite in HK

slept the whole day away once i reached HK. I guess my body is still trying to recover from all the virus i have been combating the past week.

Anycase, decided to head to Hyatt Hotel for dinner instead of Kowloon coz i was too lazy to take the ferry across. Before that we headed to Pacific Plaza to grab some stuff. The new season of clothes were amazing, my favorites. Boots, black and greys. Ha ha.

Went to check out the cd store and surprisingly i found Herbie Fully Loaded VCD there! I couldnt find it in sg in both HMV and gramaphone back home and there it was, staring back at me when i was browsing thru the latest release.

The best part was, it was so much CHEAPER! It was gg for HK$108 for DVD and HK$98 for VCD. Back Home, i saw it for S$42 for a DVD! Its ridiculous isnt it? But strangely, not everything is cheap here. I think HK people just have different taste.... The nitwit Deuce Bigalow show cost HK$298! can you believe it???? And the LA March Penguin cost HK$298 as well!! In HMV, i could get the penguin DVD for only $24+. Its plain weird....

Anycase, dinner was good. The fish was springy and i really meant as if i could bounce it off. Its so fresh that it was just plain sweet! But of coz, the damn fish alone cost us $100! I had the hot and sour lobster soup for starters and i wast disappointed. Though honestly, i couldnt decide if it was lobster or prawn. I couldnt tell. I'm not that great an eater yet to be ablt to pew off tons of descriptions:)

I guess the best was the mango pudding! I havent tasted anything that tasted like REAL mango pudding back home. It came in a really big bowl for starters and all the fanastic mango bits... YUMMY! I was totally stuffed and i almost had to roll home:)

The cab driver i had today was just as chatty. I think its just me... He started off telling me about how HK is full of money etc etc...and then he went on to tell me his very sad story. Apparently just before HK was handed back to China, his wife took his kids to canada to try to set up a new home there. Next thing he knew, the wife eloped with a caucasian and left him. He never ever saw his kids again and his own mother was soo sad everyday and cry every nite. Such tragedy. How could some woman be so selfish? Maybe there is another side of the story, but tonite, my heart goes out to the poor cab driver. I wish life doesnt have to be so complicated and if only everyone could be happy.

Perhaps its true... Happiness is always just a fleeting moment, but anger and sadness always remains.

No comments: