Thursday, November 10, 2005

A mobile "Tibits" Taxi...

I have always wondered, is it just me or generally all our cab drivers are really chatty?

This morn, no different from most morn, the cab driver will ask the usual "are u local". After i said yes, the morn chats will commence for the next 20mins. but what really strike as different is that this time, I was offered food! All sorts of tidbits and snacks.

Initially i was offered "Sour Plums". I politely declined as i was never into tidbits. Then he offered me some biscuits, followed by some more dates, mango slices, back to "sour plums" which he was trying to convince me that was sweet. I almost felt embarrassed about saying No to everything he offered. I felt obligated to tell him that its just a habit that i dun snack on tidbits but i appreciate his kind gesture. Not one to give up and as one would say "never say Die" attitude, he offered me a Halls Mint sweet. It was almost like he felt i wasnt comfy unless i am chewing. i was so amused.

I felt sooo bad that i had to say ok and take the one sweet early in the morn even before i had food in my tummy. It felt weird. Still he was so delighted that I finally accede to his offers that he started chatting away about how upset he was abt teh NKF saga, and how he had donated $2k thinking he was helping people only to find out abt the court case. He felt really cheated but like he said, we canx stop giving or the patient will suffer. Then we move on to other topics and more food was offered along my way. I felt like i was in a moving provision shop! haa haa

It occured to me then, does everyone else get such good treatment or have I just been extremely lucky? I guess I will never know, not that i have anything to complain abt:)

No comments: