Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Nite at Balaclava

Happened to meet Manwin for dinner at suntec since his client was ard that area after my seminar. Had really crappy meal at hisatomo at raffles city. I dunno why the standard has gone from bad to almost inedible. So i suggest to head to TCC for dessert to wash off the horrid seafood aftertaste.

Eric called just when I was shopping and trying on some skirts. He was at Balaclava and asked if manwin wanted to join him. Manwin asked if i was keen and what the heck. Not like I have anything major to do. So I grab the skirt i was trying, and met him after our TCC choc cake.

When we got to Bala, oh my god, it was packed! And it was only wednesday!!!! The music was pretty good and the crowd wasnt some children trying to look cool. At least they are proper old people my age. haaa haaa.

Havent been to Bala and the place has changed so much!! I knew they took over Olio but i have never been inside the revamped Bala. So it was a plesant surprise at the changes. Only thing i wasnt comfy abt was the packs of guys who eye at every gal who walked past them. I could almost hear the silent numerical score tagged to me or any gal as a matter of fact.

We found eric on the other end of the bar and we started chatting. Halfway thru our conversation, Manwin nudged me and told me i had been eyed by the guy in white sitting opposite me. He said the guy had been staring at me since i arrived. I looked up and he was positively still staring. Ok, now this is creepy. While i am used to guys passing occasional look, having a guy opposite u and staring at me the whole time is unnerving. I wasnt trying to be snobbish and i certainly wasnt trying to snub him, but really, the whole thing just felt creepy. i felt like some prey to a praying mantis. So i choose to ignore his stares and talk away as much as possible and talk to Eric and Manwin instead. At the same time, hunting for a new spot to go to.

Luckily some caucasian came and stood between me and the white guy and shortly, the guy left.

Hmm Balaclava, Not too bad a hang out, reminded me of WineBar at Zouk but that place has too much kids....

No comments: