Saturday, March 25, 2006

Catching up with a new fren

Songyi decided to postpone her trip back to Korea and so she rang me up for dinner on Sat. Since i wasnt too worldly abt eating places in HK yet being new in town, she chosed the spot at Soho.

We met at Central and poor gal was still working at 6.30pm (on sat). I was surprised coz there are more workaholics in HK than me! :) Anycase, she booked a French restaurant and we walked to Soho since the ghastly rain cleared up. I think i had too much warm gear on coz it was somewat warmer at central.

We chatted along and considering it was the first time i had ever seen her and converse with her, though started off slightly reserved but as the dinner and nite wore on, we were more forth coming. We joked abt Stan being such a clean and decent guy that we really didnt have anything to gossip abt him!!! Darn u stan! Such a conversation topic u are! :)


The dinner was alrite. We had 2 starters, and i had my lobster bisque and we shared our main. Songyi insisted i ate little but i guess i wasnt that hungry considering my late steak foccacia lunch...

When we had enuff of the tiny small place, we headed off to LKF for drinks. Both of us lamented that it was such a change in scene coz the streets were quiet and the pubs were empty with lotsa walking space. what ever happen here? It was abt 10pm when we got there and strangely quiet.

We decided to crash in on Fong's since it had some decent seats and when the drinks relaxed our poor minds, we finally got chatting more intimately abt life, guys and nasty bits abt HK we didnt like. I didnt know what was in a better position. She didnt understand cantonese and mandarin of coz which i did, but that means she didnt have to put up with stupid loud converstions by the locals. Halfway thru, her colleagues and their frens decided to join us and yeah, another 2 korean chaps.

They were alrite and honestly, I was secretly laughing to myself abt his ostentatious gold chain while songyi was put off by the showing of his singlet under his shirt. For a senior VP of an investment house, you would certainly expect him to dress better, but neh... ;p

I think I must have over compensated on my need for a drink over the past few weeks and I dun think I stopped much, except for the horrid white wine that the staff recommended. Never Never trust a HKie waiter who doesnt know his wine and recommend something too quickly before hearing you out.

Dunno why but the guys decide to swop venue and so we pub crawl. It was getting crowded and well more expats of coz. I canx rem where but we ended in one japanese restaurant and pub on the 2nd or 3rd level of a building and it was nice decor. Maybe coz its zen white with blue lights. We manage to get a really nice table near the balcony and i had my oreo cocktail. I cannot believe Bryan sipped off my drink!! Its like, isnt it a gal's drink??? So i let him pay for it. Songyi was more upfront maybe being a korean too and asked him"isnt that a gal's drink? why are u drinking that?" Bryan was like nonchalent abt it and ordered another Mint oreo choc cocktail. Me and Songyi looked at each other and laughed to ourselves. Hopeless.

By 12.30am, we were all pretty much done and so we grabbed a cab home.
Canx believe it was 1am++ by the time i finish my shower and all. Dead tired and a dead slumber soon overcame me.

No comments: