Thursday, June 8, 2006

Made it thru presentations.. Phew!

The presentation was moved from wed to thurs.

That gave me more time to find out existing mkting campaign scope, existing vendors, cost structure for the whole region and on top, understand the potential vendor's offering as well as evaluate the trade off in switching.

Stress is understatement. Spent hours on long distance calls to vendors and luckily, Allen the existing vendor is such a nice chap and he patiently walk thru the scope and cost structure for me in 2 key regions. That was like 3 hour long dist call and my ears were like on fire by 10pm.
So today was D-DAY.
Had to do 2 presentations one after another. Before i started, I was crossing my finger that I read my MD correctly in the essence of my presentation. The last thing i need is to screw up my first 2 regional presentations in front of a room full of 12 key people.

After the presentations, I felt so drained! Its like completion of a marathon!
The good new is my boss told me that he heard pretty good reviews abt the presentations and that he thinks i'm doing a very good job apparently! So he said he felt even more a pity that no one reminded him to attend my presentations despite him requesting it.

Hoo Hoo. Actually his absence means Less stress for me. Bad enuff to have the MD next to me, dun need another boss to add on the heat!

But I guess what "saved my arse" was that i bothered to do the price study from Allen even though I wasnt doing a cost feasibility. But as luck would have it, my MD asked for it so suddenly, but i had the answers with me, so i guess that really put me in good light. Thank god! All the stress and late nites the last 2 days seemed worth while after all!

Had dinner had Habibi an Indian restaurant at Wellington street coz Lucky & billie are in town. So we had a group dinner together to unwind. And now, its really time for bed since i had less than 6 hours sleep combined in last 2 days!

No comments: