Monday, June 12, 2006

A new definition on "homely" food

Had lunch with Joanne, Ida, Fandy and 2 more other gals. They brought me to this Thai food place behind Time square (Lantern Street). Its small place, that doesnt surprise me. What surprised me was when they didnt have place at the shop and the owner brought us up to his place upstairs and open tables to sit me and my colleagues! I was obviously shocked.

I was joking that its almost like we are heading to someone's house for causal lunch! I had to walk up this narrow stair case and into this empty living room. The owner was pretty nice and he turn on the TV and aircon to make us as comfy as possible. I found the whole experience amusing. Only in Hk will u have such a situation.

The food was pretty good and cheap. Only Hk30 between the table of 6. The prawn crab cake was nice. But conversation for me is almost nil coz there is nothing much to say.

Emily from finance was very sweet. She gave me this black sesame shui jing bao thing. So far she is one of the most sociable person in the office, restricted by our language barrier. Luckily i understood her. Another credit for watching cantonese VCDS when I was young! :P

No comments: