Saturday, June 3, 2006

Another hectic trip to/fro shanghai

U know, I told ALL my frens that I am really not the best person to travel with on plane. For one simple reason, my flights ALWAYS, ALWAYS get delayed!!!!

Its always either technical problem or weather. Always. And this time, moving to HK, my luck hasnt changed. It got worse!!!

I thot the most impossible thing of being rerouted to a completely new destination was the worse i could get on my last biz trip. This time, due to RED RAIN in HK, the bad weather caused so many flights to be canceled and delayed!!!So me and Desmond got stranded in shanghai airport from 3pm till 9pm. Even when we board the plane, we were stuck inside the plane for another 1.5hrs before the air control traffic allowed us to take off. By the time i reached HK, it was midnite and i got home about 1.30am. How brillant. I was soo freaking tired considering i didnt have any decent sleep the nite before.

Our fight to shanghai was postponed from 10am to 11am. So basically my whole trip agenda got screwed. I was running all over to meet vendors and office people and meetings. I never had such a rushed trip! By the time the meeting with Anson ended, it was close to 10pm and i had to hunt for food with desmond.


Desmond and I found this chinese dim sum place in shanghai near our Ramada Plaza shanghai hotel. He was eager for his drinks @Rouge 18 and so dinner wasnt the main highlight.

The drinking place was pretty hip and at least music cool enuff. Not crappy retro and R&B. Thanksfully! The view was fasincinatin facing the pudong oriental pearl. The shanghai gals were all over the blondie boys of coz and there was a decent amt of gay guys there too. The good thing out of the dribking session was that desmond and I got to know each other better in a more relaxed mood and so more office gossips were shared. haa haa. By the time i went back the hotel, he was definitely more pissed high than i was but i was freezing cold. Heaven knows why. It was a rainy day and so it was just a yucky weather basically. I didnt sleep till like 6am and my neighbor had to turn on his tv so loud at 7am till 8am. So effectively i didnt sleep till 8am to 10am. 2 hours. and i had to rush off for next 2 meetings at 11am. bloody hell! Taxi drivers and traffic in shaghai is madness.

Like what wendy said, "You feel like you have EARN back your LIFE after each cab ride. Its worse than bangkok and the drivers are reckless. Its a test of luck with your destiny. "

So thinking we could try to head back to HK earlier as Desmond had a teleconference meeting at 9pm, we rushed to airport, only to be told we couldnt fly. Wait wait.with nothing to do except to drink, we sat around and spend money on fod and drinks. I was still feeling the after effects from the drinks the nite before so i curb the alochol intake. Shanghai airport is pretty boring, but at least it has space so i dun feel constricted. But still, i rather be home in bed.

Anycase, by the time i went to bed, it was 3am. Talk about being freaking tired. Next week is going to be soooo bz that i cannot imagine.

No comments: