Saturday, February 7, 2009

Em's birthday

Yesterday was one of those days, where almost everything went perfectly. It was also Em's birthday, the first that I got to celebrate with her. It's one of those things on my "must do" thing since I missed the previous one while living in Sydney.

So come this year, I am glad to have a chance to do so for couple of reasons, mainly being that she was the first to extend a warm hand of friendship when I first arrived cluelessly in Hong Kong few years back. With that, came along a bunch of friends who gave me much infinitely happy moments and laughters. Even when I was living away, getting her calls were always a highlight, especially precious since I know she doesnt earn alot. U just know when u meet those people whom u know u want to keep as friends for life and those people u thanked for during Thanksgiving day.




Since her boyfriend couldnt take leave off for the day, I gladly took her out for lunch and treat to Japanese movie "Ponyo on the cliff by the sea" till it was time to pass the baton back to her man. It must be her birthday luck because everything went so smoothly that day from timely buses, to getting a slot at a popular Jap restaurant at peak lunch hour.

Lunch was really good at Tonkichi at World Trade Center. It was my first time there and I was pretty impressed by the serving and attentive service. Em was especially happy coz she had always wanted to try the place but never had a chance to.
I'm glad we had fun, even more so that I made someone else really happy.

No comments: