Sunday, June 15, 2014

15 June: chilli plant flower bud showing more!

Now that I'm seeing flower buds in my Thai chilli plants, the excitement is rather hard to contain. 


Saw a few other flower buds forming but there's a leader of the pack showing a bit more of the potential petals.

"Potential" being the operative word since HK  weather has been so erratic with its share of hot sun n flashes of rain that makes this rather worrying for a novice gardener. Esp so when I have absolutely no shelter for my plants since they have outgrown their Ikea containers. 

Meanwhile my man is laughing at my pathetic attempt to grow California poppy flower seeds. I just know I'm not good with flowers.

My trees are still looking ok. New growths are forming at areas where the branches broke off so it's a relief for me. 
Still sprouting flowers or little noobs that are flowers so I take it they are happy where they are, though only 2 out of 5 are developing flowers. No idea why. 


My indoor plants are doing well except the calathea whitestar. I have no idea what went wrong n the top leaves started to brown n curl n look really sick. Lobbed off the 2 sickest looking leaves n shall see what happen. This pot is a real fussy pot n there is so little information out there for this relatively newly discovered plant that makes it really frustrating. I don't even know what I'm doing wrong!!! 



No comments: