Saturday, October 16, 2010

Walking down childhood memory...

A nostalgic trip back home. I spent some time packing to throw away old work notes and books, and came across my photo album:) I dun have many photos when I was a kid..it was fun looking back!

This's not my granny. I never had any pictures with my granny. This granny is my neighbor in our old estate and apparently, the whole family dotes on me when I was a little girl. My brothers and mum used to complain how I would always duck out of the house and go over to their place to play, and have my meals there.... as they are cantonese family, which is why my mum lamented I am destined to marry someone of Cantonese descent...It's a pity I cannot rem any of them since we moved house after I was 5yrs....

The daughter of granny. Incidentally, mum said I love apples on my clothes when I was young. She said I use to pester her to make clothes with apples badges to be sewn on it. Mum chuckled and said I was picky too! I didnt accept all apples! I reject apples with cartoon worms. It has to be a perfect apple, or a bitten apple without worms! Ironically, I had to avoid eating apple for a while because concentrated apple juice was too sweet for me and I was allergic to it...
 
This shot was taken after I won some "cute kid" contest that my neighbor secretly took me to participate in. Mum said she was totally unaware until my neighbors came rushing up to our flat, asking mum to collect the prize since it has to be the parent. Mum said she never knew what I was "up to" since a lil girl...lol
ne of my best friend after I moved to my new place. I dun rem her but I rem the slide playground I use to sneak out to every day....Mum said I went "crazy" one day and took the scissors and cut my own hair off. She didnt know to be mad at me, or to be sad for my hair...
I only rem taking this shot after we came back from Botonical Garden. And the next day after this shot, my cousin got a slap from her mum because she was indignant that the hawker center drink stall owner had given me an extra lychee in my drink and she was screaming bloody murder at the injustice! Luckily america wasnt so big into non physical upbringing then or my aunt would have been in serious trouble for slapping her in public...


 Spending time with my fav Malaysian cousin! We use to share everything, play together, until my aunt passed away when we were 10yr and they couldnt come over to sg anymore... We are still close since they are the closest silbings I could get near my age. Of course the fact that they are in Malaysia means we hardly get to meet up but at least when we do, time and distance doesnt put a dent to the relationship:)

It's very strange how I can forget many things and yet rem things like this blue stool chair and the pink doll.

No comments: