Tried a new recipe last nite - Barbeque Hoisin Sauce Pork ribs. Was simple and easy and turned out quite well on first attempt.
1. 1/2 cup of hoisin sauce (abt 125ml)
2. 3 tablespoon of light soysauce
3. 3 tablespoon of shaoxing rice wine
4. 3 tablespoon of tomato sauce (ketchup)
5. 4 garlic clove, finely chopped
6. 3 tablespoon of ginger, finely chopped
7. 1-2 teaspoon of sugar (optional depending on your taste bud, i only put 1 teaspoon)
8. about 1.5kg of pork spareribs
1. Put the ribs into a box and bring the water to boil. Simmer for about 20mins and turn off flame (add a pinch of salt if u like)
2. Drain water and leave ribs to cool
3. Cut the ribs individually or in parts, your preference
4. Marinate the ribs with the rest of the ingredients combined in a pot or bowl.
5. Leave in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 180degrees (350 F.Dg)
7. Put the ribs and marinade on a baking tray lined with alumin foil.
8. Bake for 45mins, turning in between when brown.
9. Or bake for 20mins, change to fan grill and leave for 5-10mins, turning when brown. (watch the meat sizzle in the juice! yummy)