Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween... a persistent "torture"

Sigh... been trying to get some work done but it looks like my desire is in vain.

My thoughts have been consistently interrupted by a series of bell ringing. I forgot...It's Halloween and the kids are are running amok with their "Trick or Treat" (more like Treats and Treats) chanting....

Since 7pm, my bell hasnt stop going off and it is gettin on my nerves when the door knocking ritual hasnt stop as of 9pm now. Initially I had opened the door to explain I didnt have the sweets, but by the fourth ring, I gave up. I turned off all the lights and ignored the bell, hoping fervently they would go away on their own....

I'm not being anti social but unless I have some carved out pumpkin sitting at my doorstep as some signal - inviting you to ring the bell, otherwise, people really shouldnt go around persistently non stop for over 2 hours knocking on doors. I did see one with much effort in the makeover as a witch but the others were abit lame with just one party hat and a plastic bag.

Perhaps I should lighten up...but really, door bell ringing over 2 hours is abit much...and I am not even sure what time it will end. Hopefully soon... well. between me and the kids, at least one party is having fun.

Quote of the Day:"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You dun seem to like kids huh...haha. Btw, where are you now, Australia or HK or?? Your posts confused me 'cos the previous post you were in HK but this one sounds like you are in Australia... what a nomad. - Jo

Nomad said...

Haaa haaaa.. well u are pretty observant.... :P Am still in HK and the halloween was spent in HK. Somehow the Hk kids decided to pick up the non chinese culture of halloween with much enthusiasm...sigh... thankful the bell ringing and screaming stopped at 9.15pm.... i think the complete turning off of all the lights at home helped..... ;p

~ PT