Wednesday, October 1, 2008

candlelight dinner

I have always been a receiver of candlelight dinner, but never been a giver. Then again in life, there is always a first to everything.


So for once, I decided to put all my stash of candle holders and tealight candles to good use for the sweet occasion of celebrating a homecook candle light dinner for my husband.



It always pay to invest in a good receipe cookbook. I didnt have time to make desserts, so I guess it will just have to be a starter, main and finishing off with fresh fruits.


I decided to give caramelised onion chicken a go. Western cooking isnt my forte but i love a challenge. I decided on a fusion course with herbal pork rib corn soup, accompanied by our fav drink - lychee soda. ALl u need is sparkling mineral water and can of lychee. Easy breezy. Add a pinch of lemon if desired really.


As i set the table with our best plates, lit the candles and arrange the flowers. I couldnt be prouder of myself. While cooking and looking out of the kitchen windows, even the eve skies were lovely crimson pinkish red. It was pure romantic.



Of course, nothing ever goes smoothly in my life. My dinner turned out beautifully but unfortunately my surprise dinner had to wait till 9pm++ as my husband had to work late. Still he was genuinely and rightly surprised.He absolutely love the caramelised chicken too! I just didnt realise how easy it was to make it till now.

Ha! Mission accompished! Perhaps i shld do a candlelight dinner more often from now on!

No comments: