Monday, October 15, 2007

Budapest Day 1: Noon



Walking around Buda Hills was like walking my my own castleyard at one point. I didnt have anyone around me as i stroll thru. Near museum areas, there were hardly any tourists, least of all elbowing me in my face! I couldnt believe my luck! It got slightly more crowded by 5pm but still, its not the sort of crazy maddening crowd in every inch I had experience in rome. This is good. This is peace. This is why I leave my comfort home, for beauty and sights.





A funny stretch of houses that looks like they hve eyes on top staring down at u (roof opening)
Mattahias church in repair
Along fishermen Bastion
"Hawkers"



Of course there is no trip complete, without a tasting of local food and sweets. So I had the local;s best "cream pastry with light biscuit sandwich", stopping at the frommer's recommended pit stop of Ruszwarm. The place did not disappoint. The cream was light and sweetness to the right amount. This was my first "invitation" to more good pastries to come in Budapest!



Interestingly, this costume set was hanging on the store next door to the cafe. I laughed and had to take a shot because it reminded me of "Naruto Manga Character - Jiraya Erosenin!"

Cafe Miro is another recommended resting place for cafe snacks. I love Miro as he was my favourite artist of pop art, so i couldnt resist just taking a shot with some of his well known "iconic arty style". Cheap thrill!

No comments: