Thursday, January 10, 2008

HK, What I Miss & What I Don't...

It's a little nostalgic really, to be back in a country that had hosted me for over a year. I had good memories, friends here. It feels funny because you know you can never fully feel like a tourists again.

The thing i REALLY miss was my HK identity card, only because it gets me thru custom immigration in a breeze in complete ease with that little micro chip card, cutting the Q, saving me waiting Q over the counter.

However as i rushed through the busy streets of vibrant HK, I sensed another wave of other things i missed and ..not.

1. Endless Crowds...
I never knew if I liked the crowd or not. I hated it when i was trying to walk through the throng of almost impassable crowd in causeway bay after work. Yet when I am not tired from work, the crowd didnt really bother me that much now. It's just part of what makes HK alive and humming with life...


2. Smog, Air Pollution, Low visibility and unending grey skies...
I knew the greatest driving force to leave has always been the grey skies and smog. I dread every moment of inhaling the smog...it makes me sick.. it does...when will HK ever see its fair share of bright blue skies, and bursting sunshine again?


3. Taxis...

Ahhhh...what Singaporean will give to have the same efficiency, quantity and cheap rate as HK cabs...

4. Enterprising

One finds alot of unique stuff in HK. Maybe limited in someways, but still never fails to amaze me what I can find. In this instant, a can of "Peppermint Engergising Oxygen" found in my hotel minibar...

No comments: