Monday, March 24, 2008

To Lizard Island (Cairns) we go!

We took a bus transfer that took us from Cairns domestic airport to the Hinterland plane air strip. We were gonna board a small 10-12 sitter plane as below.
The ride to Lizard island was kinda bumpy, so being in a small plane and flying at lower altitude, my ear was piercing with unrelenting pain from the pressure. It's almost like someone was stabbing your eardrum with a sharp needle non stop for good 10mins that felt like eternal hell as far as i was concerned... My ear has not hurt like this since decades back when planes still had to land at the steep quick landing at old HK airport...

Yet the view was breathtaking. I was caught in heaven and hell sensation, with awe at the splendid partial barrier and lizard island view before me, intermixed with complete agony from the pain from the depths of my ear... I guess for every beauty before me, there was some price to be paid....

No comments: